Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Arrived in New Zealand

And they gave us popsicles on the plane! They're so friendly!

The flight from LAX to Sydney went well. I was on a boeing 747-400. Big plane. Double decker, but no A380. Saw a few of those parked at the airport. Those are huuuuge. The meal was pretty good, the service was very friendly. About a 15 hour flight. Really wasn't so bad. Everything was free and you had a personal entertainment system with on-demand new movies. I watched Hurt Locker and Terminator: Salvation. Hurt locker was really good. Terminator was ok, but I was pretty tired when I watched that. Not sure if I slept. I took some sleeping aids and closed my eyes, but I really can't sleep on the plane. I can't believe I was in Australia this morning.

The flight to Christchurch (kosher city) was about 2.5 hours and was very smooth. We got popsicles. Lunch was really good. They served a red chicken curry which tasted great. Flying into new zealand was quite a site. Out of the ocean rose these enormous snow-covered mountains which end suddenly into flatness before falling back into the sea.

Tomorrow I have my clothing fitting tomorrow at 13:00 and find out when my flight to Antarctica is.

I can't wait to explore the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment