Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Internet has been down

The faster satellite has been down for the past few days. It's only been up for about 10 minutes today so this is going to be a short post. Once satellite is restored to its former "glory" I will be able to post more details.

This past Saturday was the SPIFF and the concert at summer camp. SPIFF went really well. There were about 7 movies, all of which were quite excellent. My movie got a great response, even though it was the only non-overtly comedic movie. One of the IT guys will be posting it to YouTube. I'll link it when I have it. Afterwards, the concert went really well. My band went on first and totally rocked the place. It was a packed house (probably 40-50 people) and everyone was having a great time. They demanded an encore. It's a good thing we actually had another song that we worked on or else we would've been screwed. I would have hated to follow us...

Afterwards, it was party time. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my group and talking with the other "directors" about our movies.

There was a strange point in the night where apparently, somebody had a neo-nazi tattoo on his forearm. It was strange. I had talked with this guy a few times before and he seemed nice, but nobody with a racist tattoo is ok in my book. One of the guys in my group got really upset and we've since contacted the higher ups about how inappropriate it is to hire someone with a racist tattoo. I really hope I don't see this guy again. I don't want to be stuck on the ice with hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment